Explore Your World Scholarships & Bursaries 2013
Georgia Hardy Tours is proud to present scholarships/bursaries for the summer of 2013. We will be offering individual scholarships up to $1000.00 per participant. Please note: scholarships and bursaries are awarded in part based on financial need.
Please read below on how to apply and also please download and complete the questionnaire and submit it with your scholarship/bursary application.
How to Apply:
- Complete the application form. Click here for the link. Include the form with all supporting documentation as per below.
- Submit deposit - please indicate that you are applying for a bursary on the application form. This will ensure a space is reserved for you on the trip. Please send in all bursary application material with or shortly after you submit your application for an Explore Your World Summer Program.
- Students must write a letter, no longer than 350 words, outlining the reasons why they should be awarded the scholarship/bursary.
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript.
- Submit a copy of your most recent report card.
- Include a short reference letter from your guidance counsellor at your home school.
- Include a personal letter from a parent/guardian outlining the need for financial assistance.
Conditions and the "Fine Print":
- Value of the scholarship/bursary can be used only by students towards the cost of a GHT Explore Your World 2013 summer program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in high school and eligible to take a grade 10, 11 or 12 credit during the summer of 2013.
- Students must be Canadian Citizens.
- Students must have a 80% minimum average.
- Students must have demonstrated integrity, leadership, community and school involvement.
- Students must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applications must be received by GHT by the deadline of February 16, 2013.
- Winners will be announced by GHT on March 16, 2013.
- Decisions of GHT are final.
- Deposit will be returned to the student if they are not awarded a bursary, and they do not wish to attend an Explore Your World summer program. If you wish to proceed with your enrollment the deposit will become non-refundable.