Risk Management and Safety
Georgia Hardy Tour's #1 Priority
All travel includes an element of risk. The world isn't static; there are volcanos that inconveniently erupt and tsunami's that unexpectedly impact paradise. These are just two of the many natural disasters that can, and do happen. This is why you want to have an experienced travel expert on your side, one that is TICO certified and has many years of experience with groups. An expert who knows what to do when something goes wrong.
Georgia Hardy Tours takes the safety and security of ALL its travelers and clients extremely seriously. However, we recognize there is a special standard of care involved with student travelers. Because of this, GHT has the following:
- Risk Management Plan: this is a comprehensive plan, and encompasses every step of a journey. Trip participants benefit from a tried and true approach to safety and security.
- Safety First Mindset: itinerary planning and experiences abroad are governed by this overriding commitment. Students benefit from the time and care invested by GHT staff in ensuring safety is always a priority.
- Low Student-Staff Ratio: quality and comprehensive supervision equals attention to every student’s needs.
- Centrally Located Hotels (in the best areas!): No questionable neighbourhoods, suburbs, and subway rides at night in foreign cities. Students and families can rest assured accommodations are top-notch.
- Comprehensive Travel and Trip Cancellation Insurance: Life -- and travel -- can often be unpredictable. Because of this fact, GHT offers every client the option of a comprehensive travel insurance package so you’re protected when you need it the most.
One of the many benefits of having teachers live onsite with students is the greater level of supervision. If a student requires a doctor in the middle of the night, the teachers and supervisors will ensure it happens.
GHT staff are available 24/7. When situations arise (and sometimes they do!) senior staff are available via the Toronto office (either phone or email) and stay in constant contact. If a situation arises in Europe in July, senior staff members are based in France and can reach any destination within hours.